CHANGE IN CURRENT GUIDELINES / SCHOOL COVID POLICY:
We have already seen a significant increase in the number of people in our school community with HOUSEHOLD MEMBERS who have tested positive for Covid.
Please be aware of another slight adjustment to the covid isolation rules since our last update:
From NOW ON, if a member of your household:
- Has one of the main symptoms of Covid-19
- Has tested positive on an LFT
- Is waiting on a PCR result for one of the above reasons
- Has a positive PCR result
- No staff or pupil in this position should attend school. They should isolate immediately and book a PCR test, isolating while you await the results (even if your LFT's continue to be negative).
If the result is positive, isolation for 10 days must be done.
If the staff member or pupils PCR comes back negative, then they can come out of isolation and back into school environment.
The following measures will then be taken on return to school:
- Wearing a mask at all times (staff and pupils where appropriate)
- 2m distancing where possible (staff)
- Robust and regular hand hygiene (staff and pupils)
- LFT testing daily (staff and pupils)
- A repeat PCR will need to be done on day 8 unless you develop symptoms beforehand or test positive on a LFT.
These rules apply to under 18’s and double vaccinated adults only. Unvaccinated adults need to follow different isolation rules and should check their circumstances with test and trace or with school.
These are the circumstances that we have all been expecting, and these rules are in place to balance keeping the population safe with enabling school to remain open.
If you have any questions or queries, please feel free to contact Emma and/or Meg via email or call the office on 01686 651166.
Thank you for your continued support and understanding.